1. To update the technical skill of the farming public.
2. To train the farm youths in scientific farming and allied fields like
dairying, in land fisheries, farm achinery and home science with emphasis on
“Learning by Doing” for generating self-employment through organisation of
short-term and long-term vocational training courses.
3. To organise training to update the skill of the Extension personnel of the
departments connected with developmental activities of Agriculture and allied
subjects like Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Home Science, Agricultural
Engineering etc., within the area of operation with emerging advances in
Agriculture and allied Research on regular basis.
4. To conduct Research/trials, to provide production technologies and for
evolving new varieties of crops suited to the region.
5. To implement the Research Programme sponsored by the Directorate of Rice
Research, Rajendra Nagar (ICAR), Government of India, State Government and
6. To implement the technical programmes sponsored by the ICAR under Transfer
of Technology (TOT) projects like Front Line Demonstration, Lab to Land
Programme in various crops to generate production data and information feed
7. To Organise Farm science clubs, field days and other extension activities
for strengthening follow up action.
8. To undertake production and certification of seeds of different crops for
distribution to the Farming Community through the authorised agencies.
9. To undertake the Bio-technology projects by availing the financial
assistance available to Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) from organisations
like the Department of Bio-Technology, Government of India, New Delhi or such
other national or International Organisations.
10. To undertake such other activities like establishing a model orchard,
kitchen garden with latest varieties, mushroom/mother spawn production unit,
Rice-Fish cum Poultry-farming system, vermiculture, Garbage composting, Green
Houses etc., in the campus of the Kendra for demonstration purposes to the
11. To co-ordinate with the State Government, ICAR, Pondicherry University and
other Research and Development sponsoring agencies in all aspects of Training,
Research and Extension that pertains to Agriculture and allied subjects.
12. To collaborate with the subject matter specialists of the State Agriculture
Universities/Scientists of the Regional Research Station, NARP and the State
Extension Personnel in “On Farm Testing”, refining and documenting technologies
for developing region specific sustainable land use system.
13. To provide technical back up for implementation of programmes like
Bio-village, Small Farmers Agri-business consortium, experiments on sustainable
agriculture and act as a useful adjunct to the Union Territory Administration
for taking up agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, dairying, poultry
and fisheries as Commercial Vocation for generating self-employment to rural
youths with Government assistance.
14. To manage the existing institution known as Krishi Vigyan kendra,
Kurumbapet or any other Kendra/Kendras to be started in the Union Territory.
15. To conduct courses in Agriculture and allied sciences and to issue
16. To exchange information and expertise with other institutions, associations
and organisations in India and abroad in the field of agriculture
and allied subjects.
17. To do any other activity/activities incidental to the above and in the
interests of the organisation, society, its institution and farming public.