2.ON-FARM TESTING Top..
1.Experiments are laid out in farmers field on the available technologies for their suitability.
2.Location specific technologies are identified for their assessment and refinement.
3.Help farmers to solve practical field problems.
3. FRONT LINE DEMONSTRATION Top..
1.New varieties are popularized.
2.FLDs on Oilseeds, Pulses, Cereals and Horticultural crops are conducted.
3.Latest production/protection technologies are demonstrated on farmers fields.
4.FARM ADVISORY AND EXTENSION SERVICES Top..
1.Scientists visit farmers fields weekly in collaboration with Department of Agriculture, Puducherry.
2.Field Problems are assessed and suitable remedial measures are advised on location.
3.Field days, farmers fair, Exhibitions melas, seminars, Kisan Gosthies, ex trainees meet, explosive visits are organized under extension services.
5. FARM SCIENCE CLUBS Top..
7. NABARD CLUBS Top..
1.Nine Technology Transfer Clubs started during 2004.
2.Eight more Farmers Clubs started during 2009.
3.Financially assisted by NABARD.
4.Clubs organize demonstrations, meets, workshops, etc. for technology transfer.
5.Technically supported by KVK and State Development Departments.
8. SOIL, WATER AND PLANT TESTING LABORATORY Top..
1.Soil Nutrient status – N, P, K & other minor nutrients testing.
Suitable recommendations are advised based on the above testings.
9. PLANT HEALTH CLINIC Top..
1.Diagnosing nutrient deficiency and advising nutrient management.
2.Diagnosing crop pests and diseases and advisory services.
10. NEWS LETTER Top..
1. Pondicherry KRISHI VISION - published as a quartely and bilingual (Tamil & English).
2. Activities of Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Training Schedule, recommendations, special events in the Kendra, etc are being published.
3. Published since September 2003.
11. WEBSITE Top..
1. www.puducherrykvk.org - this gives information on activities, training schedule, services rendered & information on Medicinal plant, field crops, products available for sale etc.
2. Hosted during the Annual Review Meeting of KVKs of Zone VIII on 16.09.2003.